THE FIRST AND ONLY RF MICRONEEDLING DEVICE FDA CLEARED FOR FACE AND BODY.
ARE YOU READY TO SAY GOODBY TO:
- Sagging jowls
- Loose or sagging skin under the neck
- Double chin
- Loose or sagging skin on the body
- Cellulite and more!
Profound provides a nonsurgical alternative to address aging skin: Using radiofrequency (RF) injectable energy, it provides facial wrinkle reduction and improves the appearance of cellulite.
As a first and only RF microneedling device FDA cleared for both face and body, Profound is a minimally invasive treatment designed to help people who have sagging skin and loss of volume around the mouth, cheeks, and neck. Profound can also be used on the body to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
A handheld device with tiny needles is placed on your skin, using radio-frequency technology, heat is released at a precise temperature and depth to create younger, smoother-looking skin with only 1 nonsurgical treatment.
Profound is clinically proven to create all 3 skin fundamentals – Up to 5x Elastin, up to 2x Collagen, and increased Hyaluronic Acid.
What is the Profound treatment?
Profound is a minimally invasive bipolar RF system with patented Real Time Temperature and Impedance Control that utilizes micro-needle electrodes, deployed into the reticular dermis or subcutaneous tissue, to precisely deliver fractionated injuries without thermal impact to the epidermis. Because of the proprietary real-time temperature feedback embedded in the Profound system, the optimal dermal temperature can be reached and maintained in any skin impedance conditions. During dermal treatments, the deep dermis is targeted, this is where the concentration of collagen is the highest. The thermal injury stimulates a wound healing response which naturally creates new elastin, collagen, and hyaluronic acid formation. This dermal remodeling results in visible skin improvement. Additionally, during cellulite treatments, when the Subcutaneous tissue is targeted, the fractionated injuries will increase dermal thickness, remodels septae, and decrease adipose volume.
Who is the ideal patient for Profound?
Profound is a completely customizable and minimally invasive treatment suitable for women and men who wish to target the key signs of aging and cellulite on the body. The ideal patient is someone who suffers from loss of vital skin elements due to genetics, maturation, and other environmental factors resulting in overall volume reduction, wrinkles, and decreased elasticity. This is a procedure for patients who are looking to increase volume in the treatment area with minimal downtime.
In published FDA studies, Profound demonstrated high clinical response rates given the consistency of reaching optimal temperature endpoints.
Dermal treatments yielded a 100% clinical response rate for rhytids. In the cellulite study design, 94% of patients obtained ≥ 1-point improvement in cellulite appearance at 3 months post-treatment.
What must I do to prepare prior to treatment?
Patients that are undergoing a Profound treatment should be sure to: hydrate sufficiently (64 fluid ounces daily for one week prior to treatment), eat a substantial meal pre-treatment, avoid alcohol for 7 days prior to the procedure to decrease the risk of bruising as well as any NSAIDS for 14 days prior to treatment. If you have a history of cold sores, please inform your Provider as you may need to be pretreated with an antiviral medication. Discontinue topical retinoids or other skin irritants for a minimum of 3-5 days prior to treatment. Avoid prolonged sun exposure and use SPF 30+.
What can I expect after treatment?
Immediately post treatment the treated area will appear edematous (swollen) and erythematous (red). Pin-point ecchymosis from microneedle insertions will be observed and Purpura (bruising) may be noticed from the local anesthesia injection points. Immediately following treatment, ice compress should be used for the first 45 minutes. For next 24 hours, continue with cold compress at 20 minutes on – 20 minutes off intervals. It is recommended to sleep with head elevated for the first 2-3 nights post Profound treatment. Erythema (redness) typically resolves within 1-2 days of treatment. Edema and Purpura will typically resolve within 5-7 days post treatment.
What post procedure instructions should I follow?
- Immediately following treatment, area should be cleansed with sterile NS, then apply Provider choice of occlusive dressing: thin coat of antibiotic or healing ointment, Aquaphor® or equivalent.
- Ice for 45 minutes directly following treatment. Then every 2 hours, for 20-minutes on/off intervals, on day of treatment. This will help to decrease likelihood of indurations, extended bruising, and increase comfort.
- 1-week post treatment and while healing, wash treated area 3-5 times daily with tepid water and gentle cleanser. Avoid wash cloths, harsh irritants, and scrubs. Pat dry and do not rub.
- Keep the area treated as hydrated as possible for one-week post treatment. The area should be covered with clothing or SPF 30 or higher sunblock containing the zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide at all times. Wait approximately 10 minutes after application of the sunblock and then apply a layer of Vaseline or Aquaphor. The area treated should have a consistent glazed like appearance at all times for one-week post treatment.
- It is recommended to sleep with head elevated post treatment. Change your pillowcase daily or lay a clean towel each night. Avoid sleeping with pets.
- For the first 24 hours post treatment it is recommended to avoid rigorous exercise, any activities that would stimulate heat, vasodilation, do not take a hot bath or sit in a sauna, etc.
- For 4 to 6 weeks post treatment, please avoid sun exposure. If going outside (even getting into a car, going for a walk) please make sure to cover the area with clothing and apply a physical UV sunblock (SPF 30+) 20 minutes before going outside.
- Do not pick at the treated area. It is imperative to let the area heal on its own. If the area is picked at and further interruption of the epidermal layer occurs, this can increase the risk of infection, PIH, and other post procedure complications.
- Contact Physician if any concerns about how their skin is responding to treatment or is healing
Make your appointment today to learn more about Profound RF treatment.
During your consultation, we will go over all the detail of treatment.