SKINVIVE™ in San Jose, CA | Aesthetx
FDA-approved, clinically proven.
SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® is a hyaluronic acid microdroplet treatment intended to increase skin hydration and even texture. It’s an internal moisturizer that creates a hydrated, refreshed, and healthy canvas.
What to Expect During Your Treatment
- The injection of multiple microdroplets—where a tiny amount of product is injected just below the skin surface— are spaced at intervals determined by your skin’s characteristics and needs. SKINVIVE™ is FDA-approved for treatment at the cheeks but can be used in other areas of the face and body off-label.
- During your appointment, your provider should explain the procedure in depth and provide after-care directions.
- On average, a treatment session lasts about 15-30 minutes, with numbing recommended. Some people may need a touch-up 2-4 weeks later.
- Lidocaine, a common pain reliever (like what you get at the dentist), is an ingredient in SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® to keep you comfortable. We often recommend numbing cream prior to treatment for added time ease.
- With minimal downtime and mild bruising or redness, SKINVIVE™is a simple way to improve skin quality. Minimize strenuous exercise, extensive sun or heat exposure, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment. Makeup can be worn the following day.
See how SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® can hydrate skin to smooth cheeks, reduce fine lines, and give you the lasting glow you desire. Contact the Aesthetx team for a detailed consultation by filling out our contact form or calling (408) 559-7177.
SKINVIVE™ in Campbell, CA – FAQ
What is SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM®?
SKINVIVE™ is the first and only FDA-approved hyaluronic acid microdroplet injectable indicated to improve skin smoothness of the cheeks and hydrate from within—without a series of treatments. Using tiny injections into the top layer of the skin, SKINVIVE™ forms an internal moisture lock that has been shown in clinical studies to hydrate through 6 months. The result is more radiant and youthful skin.
How does SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® work?
SKINVIVE™ is made of crosslinked hyaluronic acid, a sugar naturally found in your skin that binds 1000 times its own weight in water. The microdroplet injections replenish and boost your own hyaluronic acid, which declines over time, to hydrate from within. SKINVIVE™ is designed to help the skin retain its natural moisture and softness so your canvas looks smoother and more even, with a healthy light reflection. It is FDA-approved for treating the cheeks but can be used on other parts of the face and body in consultation with your provider.
Is SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® a filler?
Since SKINVIVE™ is hyaluronic acid, it is technically a filler. However, this hyaluronic acid is designed to improve skin quality and texture. It hydrates from within without changing your face shape or volume. It is not for structure, contour, or deep lines.
How much downtime does SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® have?
Treatment with SKINVIVE™ has minimal downtime, especially compared with other skin quality treatments, which can have recovery times of up to 1-2 weeks. Generally, expect mild bruising, swelling, redness, and skin firmness lasting a few days and covered by makeup within 24-48 hours.
How often will I need to get SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM®?
The results of SKINVIVE™ are clinically studied to last up to 6 months with optimal treatment. An optional touch-up may be needed to achieve your desired aesthetic effect, so we recommend seeing your provider every six months to assess your results. A great rule of thumb is to consider this every 2-3 BOTOX® treatment cycles to maintain glowing and healthy-looking skin.